O: It's ok mom, I'll just watch another DVDV.
Before I had kids, I swore I would never
1. give them food I haven't paid for yet in the grocery store.
I will buy your silence with string cheese, even before I buy your string cheese.
2. ever use a disposable diaper.
We were so close, but I can not tell a lie. When it is after midnight and I discover we are all out of clean cloth diapers, I'm super happy about that secret stash of disposable diapers, left over from our Grand Canyon trip, I have hidden in the trunk of the car.
3. let them have screen time on road trips.
Kids need to be bored, I said. It's when they stretch their brains and use their imagination, I said. Evidently, I said a lot of silly things.
4. utter the phrase, "Because I said so."
To be fair, I did say so, and sometimes, shouldn't that be enough?
5. start a blog, but especially, a mommy blog.