O: I promise I won't forget to love you forever, ever never again.
(The above quote is a complete fabrication. Nothing resembling that sentence has ever issued from O's mouth)
I have ambivalent feelings about blogging, especially being a "mommy blogger." Yet, as this project continues I am buoyed by everyone's kind words and positive feedback. When I first started considering sharing my writing and my life in this way, I began keeping a list of things I would not do, things this blog would not become. So here are my promises, to myself and to you.
1. I promise I will write in complete and grammatically correct sentences. When I don't, it will be a specific choice because of style or tone, or a proof reading error, so blame Jim.
2. I promise I will never call anybody DH, DD1, or DD2. I will never be TTC or EBF. If something makes me laugh, I will describe, with language, how I fell to the floor and rolled with glee.
3. I won't rant, not because ranting isn't fun, but because this isn't the forum for it. That is what late nights on the couch with Jim and a bottle of wine are for.
4. I won't pad out a list. If I only have four things to share, I won't restate one to get to five.
5. My lists will only contain information that I want to share one time. (I just couldn't resist. I'm not proud)
6. I won't overshare. This is tricky, because by some people's standards I already have. Just know that anything I do choose to share will be shared mindfully and with forethought.
7. I won't try to sell you anything. If I share about a service or a product, it will only be because we use that product and it genuinely makes our lives easier/better/more fun.
8. I will use my own images. I won't load a post with a bunch of open-source, uninteresting pictures. I have a fancy new camera. I am trying to learn how to use it.
9. I won't invent O quotes. If a blog post starts with a quote from the kids, I promise, they said it.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce."
-Billy Shakespeare, regarding P
10. I won't turn my post titles into click-bait. I Got My Kids To Sleep Twelve Hours in Their Own Beds: click here to find out how.
Is there anything you hate about blogs, or anything that you would like to see more of?